Thursday, April 15, 2010

Shelby's Princess Wonderland

I researched what the name "Shelby" means and it makes no sense to me at all!!!

babynamesworld.com
Shelby - A place where willows grow; sheltered


babynames.com
Shelby - From The Town In The Hollow
 
thinkbabynames.com
Shelby - It is of Old Norse origin, and its meaning is "willow; from the ledge estate".
 
This isn't very princess like.  What the heck is a willow?  I don't get it.  I WILL NOT CHANGE THE NAME THOUGH!!  Who really pays attention to that kind of stuff anyways?
 
Now for the princess wonderland...
 
Here is how I want Shelby's room to look.
 
I found this website that told me the exact paint colors that were used.  They are from Home Depot.  The lighter color is Biloxi and the darker color is Gobi Desert.  (basically, cream and tan)  We have put the samples up on the wall and I ab-so-lute-ly love it!!  I can't wait to get it all painted.  Which will hopefully be next week.  I'm going to trust my husband to paint a tree similar to the one in the picture.  Am I making a mistake? 


I found the bedding that I like at Babies R Us for cheap cheap cheap.  But I'm not sure if I want to buy it or make some myself.  See bedding here

This is the chair I like.  It is rather expensive so I don't know what my chances of getting it are.  I can't believe the prices on these stupid things.  If anyone has one for sale let me know!!  I prefer chocolate brown or maybe even a light green.


Hobby Lobby has these letters that are massive and I think they will look gorgeous above her bed. 


Of course she will have a chandelier!!  I found one at Home Depot that I like but I'm gonna keep on looking.  I know I will find the PERFECT one.  I want one more whimsical.  Maybe with leaves on it not so many crystals.  And in antique white instead of WHITE.   

If anyone sees a good deal on a white bird cage I'm in the market for one.  I want a metal one thats not to big.  Maybe can fit on a shelf.

Anyways, here is my little angels room.  Feel free to give me any ideas!!  I love to hear what other people have to offer!!

2 comments: